[ODE] Scene Managenment / Partitioning

JSTIER@cs.uvic.ca JSTIER at cs.uvic.ca
Mon Dec 26 16:55:27 MST 2005

Hi everyone

I have been looking at the different spaces supported by ODE as well,
and now I am curious about what benefits each type of space really has. Call me
naive, but I think that there should be only one superior method for
partitioning 3D space. That's just the way nature seems to work most of the
time! I really like the idea of an algorithm like GJK, which promises a
uniform
way of detecting collsions. I know that's not partioning, but it's a uniform and
general solution. Does anyone know the latest research on that topic?

Also, I am still unclear about the "solver" in ODE. I hear that the solver,
(I suppose this means constraint solver) is fairly efficient, except the
recursive overflows I had to content with myself. Is that so and how can that
be improved? Where does everyone see rigid body dynamics go from here. What
can be done in hardware, and what must be done in software.

Generally speaking, what is the technology direction that everyone wants to
see happen ? And, how can I contribute....

Curiosity killed the cat:)

Merry Xmas

Cheers
Jochen