[ODE] Convex Volume Geom

Rodrigo Hernandez kwizatz at aeongames.com
Wed Dec 21 11:42:36 MST 2005

Well, I already have convex-sphere and convex-plane collision detection
implemented and I am studiying "Computing the penetration depth of two
convex polytopes in 3D
<http://biogeometry.duke.edu/pubs-pankaj/papers/penetration.ps.gz>"(http://www.cs.duke.edu/~pankaj/papers.html)
by Agarwal in order to get the penetration depth, whether or not the
shapes collide is determined by using Seidel's method for
solving linear programming problems.

Bullet might do a great job at solving GJK numerical stability problems,
but the fact is that GJK, although matematically correct is inherently
unstable due to floating point limits on
current hardware, using doubles instead of floats might somehow aleviate
the issues, but they dont go away, and might pop out when you least
expect it, I rather avoid that.

But, thats me, if it fits your needs and works for your goals, thats
great :).

Cheers!