[ODE] Car simulation

Jon Watte (ODE) hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Wed Dec 21 10:54:29 MST 2005

The API for building a triangle soup collision mesh in ODE does the
special building at runtime. You just point it at your list of vertices
and your list of triangle indices, and it does the rest. The loading
will take a while for large soups, though.

ODE does not have a "preprocess" step for triangle meshes, unlike
commercial APIs like Novodex or Havok.

Also beware that trimesh<->trimesh collisions aren't very robust; you
should plan on modeling your cars using basic geomtries (spheres, boxes,
etc) rather than triangle meshes, for stable results with ODE.

Cheers,

			/ h+