[ODE] forces on a body

Jacob Everist everist at usc.edu
Sat Dec 17 01:39:27 MST 2005

Is there a way to obtain the translational forces experienced by a body at every step?  It looks like the functions that are setup for this operation query body data that never changes such as dBodyGetTorque() and dBodyGetForce().

I followed the code, and when a dWorldStep is called, it makes copies of all the bodies and creates the force and torque data with these copies, so it appears that the force and torque accumulation data is not available through the API.

Is there an easier way to do this or do I need to write some extra code into ODE to get force data?

Jacob Everist