[ODE] latest CVS download from UNSTABLE wont compile

Daniel Cheney daniel.theanaconda at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 12:00:23 MST 2005

On 12/15/05, Remi Ricard <remi.ricard at simlog.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> > Hello,
> >
> > I looked through the archives but didnt see this error. I tried
> > downloading a clean update the latest from the UNSTABLE branch, and I'm
> > getting the following error trying to build it:
> >
> > collision_cylinder_box.cpp
> > ..\ode\src\collision_cylinder_box.cpp(97) : error C3861:
> > 'dGeomCylinderGetParams': identifier not found, even with
> > argument-dependent lookup
> >
> > Maybe I'm missing something, or not thinking straight. But I cant get
> > this solved, had to go back to the HEAD branch and I have to start
> > re-applying my patches to that again.
>
> You need to add in the Properties of the ode project the following
> dCylinder_ENABLED
>
> In
> ode->Properties->Configuration Properties->C/C++->Preprocessor ->
> Preprocessor Definitions
> I have: WIN32;_DEBUG;_LIB;dCYLINDER_ENABLED;dTRIMESH_ENABLED
>

> Remi

ehh that didnt work either. still getting
..\ode\src\collision_cylinder_box.cpp(97) : error C3861:
'dGeomCylinderGetParams': identifier not found, even with
argument-dependent lookup

the line in collision_cylinder_box.cpp its getting the error on is:

	// get cylinder radius and size
	dGeomCylinderGetParams(cData.gCylinder,&cData.fCylinderRadius,&cData.fCylinderSize);

this is all with a clean download, i pulled everything from UNSTABLE
and put it in a new folder (ODE2) so theres nothing from any other
branch in it. got the 'config-single-trimesh-dcylinder2.h' as my
config.h file