[ODE] [fix] ode doesn't compile on 64 bit platforms

Russell Smith russ at q12.org
Thu Dec 8 12:49:53 MST 2005

> "mov %%eax,(%%esi);\n"
> If I do this, my pentium is no longer detected due to segm violation:

in the original configurator this change is harmless because the code
is only ever compiled, not run. i suspect that if you want to apply
this to the  configure.in you'd have to also ensure that it was
compiled only (i'm not at all familiar with the configure.in though).

russ.

On 12/8/05, Bram Stolk <bram at sara.nl> wrote:
> J. Perkins wrote:
> > On 12/6/05, Russell Smith <russ at q12.org> wrote:
> >
> >>i've applied your patch. thanks!

> > Russ, did you apply to unstable?
>
> Unstable use configure.in, not configure.c
>
> I tried changing configure.in, but:
>
> If I understand the patch correctly, it is the intention to
> replace
> "mov \$0,%%eax;\n"
> with
> "mov %%eax,(%%esi);\n"
>
> If I do this, my pentium is no longer detected due to segm violation:
>
> configure:7274: checking for a Pentium CPU
> configure:7299: cc -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.c  >&5
> configure:7302: $? = 0
> configure:7304: ./conftest
> ../ode/configure: line 7305:  5908 Segmentation fault      ./conftest$ac_exeext
>

> > Jason

> --
> Bram Stolk, VR Engineer SARA, Amsterdam.   tel +31 20 592 3000
>
> "Windows is a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit graphical shell for an 8-bit
>  operating system originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor by a 2-bit
>  company that can't stand 1 bit of competition."

Russ Smith
http://www.q12.org/