[ODE] Infinite angular velocity

Aras Pranckevicius nearaz at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 08:53:20 MST 2005

> Thus, i would to know if it exists a hack to clamp
> rigid bodys' angular velocity of the whole system (as
> in the Novodex physics engine).

Well, there is dBodySetAngularVel function that does exactly that.
I've used it for a similar purpose: damp angular velocity of all the
bodies, but it for some reason they exceed reasonable amounts, I just
clamp them with this function.

It seemed to work ok. The cases where bodies would still reach insane
amounts of angular velocities were quite rare, but once they occur
they were pretty annoying (especially if they lead to fatal errors in
the solver).

--
Aras 'NeARAZ' Pranckevicius
http://nesnausk.org/nearaz | http://nearaz.blogspot.com