[ODE] Reference counters

Jon Watte (ODE) hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Sun Aug 28 18:00:46 MST 2005

Reference counting adds significant memory traffic (especially if it's
moderately thread-safe, and uses interlocked exchange).

My vote is that, if this gets added, it's added with an ifdef that
defaults to off.

Also, the API for the user would have to change, as you'd need
dBodyAddRef(), dBodyRelease(), and similar functions for each data
structure returned from ODE.

Cheers,

			/ h+