[ODE] "synchronous" ray intersection tests?

Darío Mariani mariani.dario at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 10:14:34 MST 2005

  Here is what I'm experimenting with: I have two types of geometries,
the first group are the usual geometries wich collide in the usual
way, the second group are sensor geometries wich when they collide
with a geometry from the first group it reports this event instead of
generating a contact group. In this way I build my objects with shapes
and sensors and have only one collision callback that looks like this:

collision (dGeom o1, dGeom 02):
  do stuff for space collision and check if o1 and o2 should collide
  if o1 is a sensor and o2 is a sensor ==> return
  if o1 is a shape and o2 is a shape ==> generate contact group
  if o1 is a sensor and o2 is a shape ==> report o1 detected o2
  if o2 is a sensor and o1 is a shape ==> report o2 detected o1

       Darío