[ODE] Laser range finder

Shamyl Zakariya shamyl at zakariya.net
Wed Sep 29 15:16:37 MST 2004

I'm glad to hear it!

My quadruped is also autonomously exploring thanks to range-finder
input for collision avoidance... though I've taken a short break from
the AI to develop a better environment using dGeomTrimesh +
heightmapping + LOD so my powerbook doesn't meltdown.

Here you can see it after it was allowed to randomly explore a *simple*
environment for a while
http://home.earthlink.net/~zakariya/files/Wandering.png

Here it is in my new ( less than 1 day old ) terrain engine. No time
for exploration yet, as I'm still debugging the terrain.

http://home.earthlink.net/~zakariya/files/Wandering-Terrain.png