[ODE] Syncing the motion of a hovering body with a duck animation?

Megan Fox shalinor at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 10:14:04 MST 2004

I'm trying to figure out the best way of sync'ing up the change in
attitude brought about by a "duck" motion with the height of the
hovering body representing the character - this is to make ducking
under low overhangs (or incoming thrown objects) possible, etc.

As far as this goes, the only consistent way I can think of is to make
the duck entirely IK-driven - there is no actual duck animation, the
legs are just getting an IK fixup which has them bending more as the
hovering body lowers in height - but I don't even know if this will
work? (I'm about a week from testing it)

Has anyone else tried something like this that has any experience to offer?

Thanks,
-Megan Fox