[ODE] Bouncing boxes on a plane

join at krakendev.com join at krakendev.com
Wed Sep 22 09:42:15 MST 2004

Thanks a lot for the information on Message 2.

I've run into anotheer problem unfortunately. I didn't have this issue
before, and I'm not sure what I would have set to make it so, but the
bodies in my application are "bobbing" on the ground plane as though its a
trampoline or such.

I'm still using the collision callback from the buggy example, and I'm
stepping the world in .01 increments.

For gravity and the ground I'm using:
dWorldSetGravity(world,0.0,-9.81f,0.0);
ground = dCreatePlane (space,0,1,0,0);

I'm not sure if it matters, but the linked boxes (together, initially)
stand roughly 5 units off the ground, each having a mass between 0.6 and
1.0 (totalling 6.4).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.