[ODE] 3DPhySims - Physics Lab using ODE+OSG

Ertan Deniz ertanden at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 21 23:47:15 MST 2004

Hi all,

This project was done by 4 people for our senior project in Middle East
Tecnical University Computer Engineering Department (Turkey).

We delivered the project on June 2004, and done nothing for it after
that. I just wanna post the source code of the project so that you guys
can look at it if you are interested.

Source Code:
http://senior.ceng.metu.edu.tr/sourcerer/source.htm

User Manual (with screenshots):
http://senior.ceng.metu.edu.tr/sourcerer/documentation/manual.html

This project is using QT+OSG+ODE. It has many many hacks in the code,
that makes it ugly. And it still has many many annoying bugs...
And it uses lots of code and ideas from other projects, especially
OSGEdit. I am sorry, but we didn't have much time to place
acknoledgements for those parts of code. Anyways, we don't intend to go
further with the development right now... If anybody wants to
take it and develop I will be happy to help out though...

You maybe interested in the Buoyancy simulation...
It is ported from a Delphi code that was using also ODE (sorry, again
not mentioned in the source)
We added extra support for "pools"... There may be multiple pools in
the environment and objects with bouyancy set to true are responding
to water's lifting force.. :)

Anyways, just take a look...

Ertan Deniz