[ODE] Joint Position & Rotation

Andrzej Szombierski qq at kuku.eu.org
Tue Sep 14 00:38:03 MST 2004

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004, Devrim Erdem wrote:

> Sorry for the rather obvious question. I couldn't find it the docs and
> the odecpp.h.
>
> How can I get the position ( as floats as x,y, z ) and the rotation (
> as matrix ) of a joint ?

The joints in ODE don't have (generally speaking) a position or
orientation. The only thing you can get is the position of the joint's
anchor (dJointGet[...]Anchor[2]) or orientation of one of the joint's axes
(dJointGet[...]Axis) - of course if the joint supports it.

What do you mean by the rotation of a joint? And most important - what do
you intend to use it for? :)

--
:: Andrzej Szombierski :: qq at kuku.eu.org :: http://kuku.eu.org ::
:: anszom at bezkitu.com  :: radio bez kitu :: http://bezkitu.com ::