[ODE] three-body joints

Amund Børsand amund at offroad.no
Fri Sep 10 09:08:45 MST 2004

A differential would be useful, but maybe not as a joint. The third part
is the axle. But this would only be useful for modelling live rear drive
axles. What about other types of suspension, or front drive axles? It
would be nice to have some sort of equation/restraint based on Amotors,
that the solver can solve. But I haven't figured out how to yet.

Amund

"Alen Ladavac" <alenl-ml at croteam.com> skreiv:

> If it's only about the differential, you should probably implement it as a
> two body joint. As I understand it, the third body here (motor) is not
> really a body in a usual simulation. I mean, you don't actually model the
> engine, transmission, etc. directly with bodies and joints, do you? ;) Or do
> you need differential joint for something other than powering a car?
>
> Alen

Amund Børsand <amund £ offroad . no>