[ODE] Cross-compiling ODE

Gabriel Gambetta ggambett at artech.com.uy
Tue Sep 7 11:14:57 MST 2004

Yesterday I cross compiled ODE from Linux to Windows using the MinGW32
tools. It involved hacking the makefile and config files a little so
that configurator builds the tests for Windows on Linux and runs them
using Wine, that configurator itself is run under Wine, and little else.

While it's easy, it's somewhat tricky. The README says that if you have
to modify the makefile/config files I should send it back to the ODE
developers, so the question is, is this situation common enough to
justify adding it to the distributed configs? If so, I'll make it
prettier and cleaner and contribute it.

	--Gabriel