[ODE] Hinge Motor Problem?

Gearoid Murphy gearoid.murphy at ul.ie
Tue Sep 7 11:37:05 MST 2004

    I've come across a bug with a three bodied system connected via
hinge joints. The system is anchored to the static environment via a
hinge joint. My problem is that if one joint is moving, I can move the
other joints, if I stop all the joints (set their velocity to zero), I
am unable to move them again. This has happened with
dJointSetHingeParameter function call and dBodySetAngularVelocity call.
I know it has something to do with the joints because I have no problem
stopping and starting the angular velocity of the bodies when the joints
are removed.
    If anybody has come across this kind of problem I'd appreciate some
feedback, I've hacked around the problem for my simple needs, but i'd
like to know if anybody else had this problem.
Gearoid