[ODE] ODE stack usage

Adam D. Moss adam at gimp.org
Mon Sep 6 21:24:09 MST 2004

Dominic Jackson wrote:
> I am currently experimenting with ODE and am continually running out of
> stack space (I assume this is due to the large number of alloca calls).
>
> Can anyone help me with this as I need to put strict controls on memory
> usage, or has anyone come across similar issues that they have found
> ways to resolve ?

There's a patch floating around (with a bit more positive feedback
and a bit more time I'll check it in :)) which optionally enormously
reduces ODE's stack usage (even if you're using QuickStep, which I
expect you're using if you care about stack space usage anyway!).

Hmm, probably check out a non-broken list archive near you if
interested....

ODE nonetheless promises no 'strict' controls on stack usage.  YMMV.

--Adam