[ODE] ODEEd: Is anyone using it?

William Denniss lists at omegadelta.net
Wed Sep 1 17:01:59 MST 2004

Hi,

I was in discussion with the author a while back and he was planning to
create an XODE ( http://tankammo.com/xode/ ) export plugin which would
mean the data could be used anywhere.  He was also thinking about open
sourcing the program.  The .OED format was never meant to be used in
ones own application, there are no guarantees that it won't change from
version to version.  A format such as XODE is definitely preferable for
this kind of thing.

I haven't heard from him for a while, so I don't know what happened.
It is possible for anyone to create this plugin, but he is probably the
most qualified.

I too really like this program.  What I have been doing is just using
it to model and then creating the XODE files by hand using the values
from the program.

Regards,

Will.