[ODE] example for using trimesh landscapes

Megan Fox shalinor at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 12:43:32 MST 2004

What is your MAX_CONTACTS set at?  Is it at least 24?

(trimesh geometry requires a LOT more contacts to be correct than
normal geom-geom collisions)

I admit I haven't tested this (still fiddling with my house geometry,
haven't gotten to terrain), but it seems like you should be able to
classify your geom types and only use the larger number of contacts
for X-vs-trimesh collisions, rather than upping your MAX_CONTACTS to
24 for everything.  Not really important until you've got the basic
setup working and are optimizing, though.

-Megan Fox