[ODE] jointFeeback... help please

Davide Faconti facontidavide at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 25 15:47:01 MST 2004

Dear All,

I have read the documentation, but still there is something not clear on
dJointSetFeedback output.
As many of you, I am using this function to obtain the torque that a
servomotor gives on the joint of a robotic system. It is a robot harm with
just 3 hinges.
Since, as far as I know, the torque is in global coordinates, to obtain the
motor torque I use the function dBodyVectorFromWorld to obtain the torque in
the body coordinate.

For me it is also a bit confusing that t2 is different from t1 in the
dJointFeedback struct... probably I am saying something stupid, but
according to the newton laws, shouldn't it be the same? If not, how do I use
these values to understand the motor's torque?

best regards

Davide