[ODE] README-ODE.txt of OPCODE

daniel.marbach at epfl.ch daniel.marbach at epfl.ch
Sun Oct 24 20:32:57 MST 2004

Hi,

Either I didn't understand something or the README-ODE.txt file of OPCODE is not
up to date. It says:

"If you want to use the TriList (triangle mesh) geometry class in ODE, you
must compile this OPCODE library, then uncomment the OPCODE_DIRECTORY
variable in ODE's user-settings file. Note that ODE's build system will not
compile OPCODE for you!

This code was originally written for and compiled on windows, but it has been
ported so that it should compile under unix/gcc too. Your mileage may vary."

But actually the ODE Makefile (ode-0.5) did compile OPCODE for me (I realized
this after trying to compile it myself for one afternoon). So I didn't have to
compile OPCODE first and then uncomment the variable in user-settings - just
uncommenting the variable is enough (I guess?!?). It seems to work fine on mac
osx, this could also be mentioned in the readme.

Daniel