[ODE] Flat Cylinder

Jon Watte hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Tue Oct 19 09:31:30 MST 2004

> I'm just curious: Why don't you integrate a flat cylinder in ode? It seems like
> a very basic shape (more important than the capped cylinder for example, because
> the caps could also be modeled by adding two spheres to a flat cylinder...)

I think it's a matter of time. Nobody's paying anybody, it's all
volountary. Doing good cylinder support is computationally pretty
hard -- much harder than, say, capsules ("capped cylinders"). If
you have the time and skills to make one of the existing contribs
stable and solid, I'm sure we'd love to fold it in as an "official"
geom :-)

Cheers,

			/ h+