[ODE] Resetting a moving vehicle

Cristian Bianchi cris at cris.hspace.name
Wed Oct 13 18:40:23 MST 2004

Hi
did you remember to set also each joint velocity to 0? you shouldn't have
problems with torque and forces because these are set to zero by ode after
each simulation step, and remain zero if don't use dBodyAdd*** functions.
Also... if you keep the joints alive (not detaching/re-attaching), you must
take care to position and orient the attached bodies in a consistent state.
You must take care to perform the "next" simulation step starting from a
joint-bodies state which satisfies all the joints, otherwise, you will
certainly observe a scenic explosion! ;)
Cheers,
Cris

Cristian Bianchi
Software Designer - DIESGroup, Rome - Italy