[ODE] generic viewer

William Denniss william.denniss at omegadelta.net
Wed Oct 13 16:58:12 MST 2004

On 12/10/2004, at 9:20 PM, Shamyl Zakariya wrote:

> It probably wouldn't be too hard to write such a thing on top of
> drawstuff. You'll basically just have to have a switch statement going
> over the return value of dGeomGetClass and then call the appropriate
> drawstuff functions using dimensions extracted from the geom using the
> class-specific functions.
>
> If you're not concerned with performance or prettiness, this would be
> only an afternoon exercise of "boring" code! And probably a nice
> addition to drawstuff, hint hint ;)

We have done this for the Odejava project (http://odejava.org/) - you
can give it an ODE scene and let it generate the geometry.  Custom
geometry can also be specified.

My project which mainly uses custom geometry has a debug mode whereby
the generated geometry is drawn in addition to the custom geometry (so
I can investigate why things may not be working as expected).

I have also created a generic XODE viewer (XODE is a XML based ODE file
format) which uses this library.  It can be launched via your browser
if you have java 1.4.2 or better installed -
http://tanksoftware.com/xode/viewer/ .  Some basic demos are included.

Cheers,

Will.

---