[ODE] AutoDisable Disabled?

Andrzej Szombierski qq at kuku.eu.org
Fri Oct 8 11:08:30 MST 2004

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004, Aras Pranckevicius wrote:

> > maybe I'm doing something wrong (or perhaps simply not doing the right
> > thing) but bodies in a sample simulation never autodisable themselves.
> > Is the AutoDisable feature actually implemented or is it only a
> > planned (but documented) feature?
>
>  Yes, it's implemented!
>
> > Can anyone address explain this?
>
>  I think the catch is: whenever a contact joint is created, it enables
>  any bodies (both or single in no-body case) attached to it. Now, you

That's the case unless both of the bodies are disabled (or one of them is
static environment and the other one is disabled).

>  should manually take care and NOT create contact joints in your
>  collision callback for those cases:

>  * both bodies are disabled,
>  * one body disabled, other is geom without a body

This was discussed recently. While it seems to be right, it can cause
wrong results when something hits a stack of disabled bodies - during this
time step there will be no contact joints between stack elements so the
moving body will force the stacked bodies to interpenetrate.

--
:: Andrzej Szombierski :: qq at kuku.eu.org :: http://kuku.eu.org ::
:: anszom at bezkitu.com  :: radio bez kitu :: http://bezkitu.com ::