[ODE] AutoDisable Disabled?

Aras Pranckevicius nearaz at interamotion.com
Fri Oct 8 11:13:19 MST 2004

> maybe I'm doing something wrong (or perhaps simply not doing the right
> thing) but bodies in a sample simulation never autodisable themselves.
> Is the AutoDisable feature actually implemented or is it only a
> planned (but documented) feature?

 Yes, it's implemented!

> Can anyone address explain this?

 I think the catch is: whenever a contact joint is created, it enables
 any bodies (both or single in no-body case) attached to it. Now, you
 should manually take care and NOT create contact joints in your
 collision callback for those cases:
 * both bodies are disabled,
 * one body disabled, other is geom without a body
 * (obviously) both are geoms without a body

 Aras Pranckevicius aka NeARAZ
http://www.gim.ktu.lt/nesnausk/nearaz/