[ODE] Which parameters are implemented by the different joint types?

Christian Larsen dword at dword.dk
Sun Oct 3 22:15:26 MST 2004

Hi,

I'm rather new to ODE, and this is my first question on this list :)

I've tried to find the answer to this question by reading the documentation
and looking in the source and the mailing list archives with no luck. The
documentation says in "7.5.1 Parameter functions" that: "If a particular
parameter is not implemented by a given joint, setting it will have no
effect." And since I'm not into Jacobian matrices and stuff, I can't figure
out the source.

What I would like is a more in detail description of which parameters each
joint type supports, and how many axes etc. This may be obvious but as I'm
writing classes to wrap ODE's objects including joints, and would like an
interface where only joints supporting e.g. low stops will have a public
setLowStop function and still preserve access ODE's full functionality, I'm
missing some details here. And yes, I know ODE has a C++ interface already,
but this one is going to be more integrated into my application and more
restrictive than "this will have no effect" ;)

I hope you can help me or point me in the right direction :)

-Christian Larsen