[ODE] friction and restitution

Erin Catto erincatto at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 2 23:27:57 MST 2004

No such formulas exist because friction and restitution are only defined for
pairs of bodies, not for bodies in isolation.

Be careful not to use ODE for engineering purposes because the contact model
is of low accuracy, suitable only for entertainment purposes. If you need an
accurate result, use an engineering grade finite element package.

If accuracy is not important to you, then just use a simple formula, like
the average.

Erin