[ODE] gravity issues

Tiago Rodrigues omicronix at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 19:07:30 MST 2004

Hi,
I'm doing some testing with various physics sdks.
I'm trying to check whats the behaviour of each one with the same
examples, with real values, meaning real gravity and sizes.
For example i set gravity to -9.81 (m/s/s), and create a box stack each
with 0.2 (m) side and 0.1 density, with  5 boxes.
I can't get a stable stack, the boxes simply start to penetrate each
other and the stack desmantles.
If i lower the gravity to values as the ones found in the examples
(-0.5) everything works fine.
What can i do to make the simulation work properly in the presence of
real gravity?

thanks in avance,
Tiago.