[ODE] How to Make Simulation Independent from realtime?

Kuldip kuldip at cse.iitk.ac.in
Sat Nov 20 16:27:46 MST 2004

Dear ODErs,

Can someone throw light on "How to make the simulation independent from
realtime"?

I am working in evolutionary robotics. So Every gene of Genetic Algorithm
represents a robot itself and the fitness of that gene is the distance robot
has walked so far. So here I am restarting the simulation every time in some
loop (one simulation per gene). Now the Question is how to switched off the
graphis and how to make the simulation independent from realtime so that I
can select BEST of above simulations(genes) as my final robot that walks
properly. It is something related to world timestep but I don't have any
idea what to do with that parameter to get the solution of this problem.

Thanks and Regards
Kuldip