[ODE] dJointSetBallAnchor LINK problem (HELP)

Paul Carrington paul at vulcan.co.uk
Thu Nov 18 23:55:17 MST 2004

When I use the dJointSetBallAnchor function I get a linker compile error

        error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _dJointSetBallAnchor
        fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

Here is a rough idea of what I'm doing, baring in mind that world and body0,
body1, xx, yy, zz are all set up etc.

dJointID j;

j = dJointCreateBall  (world, 0);

dJointAttach  (j, body0, body1);
dJointSetBallAnchor (j, xx, yy, zz); <--- CAUSES LINK ERROR

But if I use this...

dJointSetBallAnchor ((dxJointBall*)j, xx, yy, zz);

... then I don't get a link error, can anyone explain why and if it is okay to use the
SetBallAnchor function like the last example?

Paul Carrington
paul at vulcan.co.uk