[ODE] Any help with a helicopter simulator?

Ville Ranki ville.ranki at tut.fi
Tue Nov 16 14:08:38 MST 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-15 at 22:42, Adam Courchesne wrote:
> I'm taking a class in OpenGL and my final poject is comming up.  I'd
> like to do a helicopter simulator but would like some help getting
> started.  Is there anyone out there that already has working code that
> they would like to share?
> Class policy is that any code that is not mine must be credited to the
> original author, so rest assured I won't take credit for someone
> else's code.
>
> ANY help would be apreciated.
> Thanks guys!

Well, i'm currently writing a component based physics model for
OpenBirds.
It's in early stage and not yet available anywhere. I have for
example built a simple plane with plates and sphere and it flies and
is controllable.

OB:
<http://arcade.ton.tut.fi/openbirds/>

Here's a UML of my component model:
<http://www.cs.tut.fi/~ranki/flyflap/Component_model.png>

Testing program with a glider:
<http://arcade.ton.tut.fi/tiedostot/pm_screenshot_15_10_04.png>

You could create a rotor component and use it with existing components
to create a helicopter. I can send you the sources if you want but
it'll be LGPL so i want any additions back..

--
-- Ville Ranki
   ville.ranki at tut.fi              040-757 2533