[ODE] SOS - urgent help needed

Verena Hamburger verena at joschs-robotics.de
Sat Nov 13 01:51:32 MST 2004

Hi everyone

I'm new to ODE and I'm really getting really mad about it. Finally I managed to
build up a modell of my robot dog. But now I'm really in trouble.

1. The dog perfektly stand on the ground, but as soon as it falls , it sinks
into the bottom half.
Maybe some code extracts can help.
nearCallBall does the following with each contact point:
 contact[i].surface.mode = dContactSlip1 | dContactSlip2 | dContactSoftERP |
dContactSoftCFM | dContactApprox1;
 contact[i].surface.mu = dInfinity;
 contact[i].surface.mu2 = dInfinity;
 contact[i].surface.slip1 = 0.4;
 contact[i].surface.slip2 = 0.4;
 contact[i].surface.soft_erp = 0.2;
 contact[i].surface.soft_cfm = 0.2;
for me this seems correct and it works perfectly for the feet, but
unfortunately and strange enough only for them

2.The real robot dog has a servo motor in hips and shoulders. I simulated that
with a ball joint and an angularmotor, but I did not find a way toset the motor
to a certain angle. Some one told me it would be as simple as:
          AddMotorForce(desired angle - actual angle),
but I did not find a way to realize this.

Please, please help me!
Yours thankful Verena