[ODE] Stuff doesn't stay where I put it.

Chunky Kibbles chunky at icculus.org
Tue Nov 9 12:43:35 MST 2004

This is my first ODE app, and currently it's meant to simulate a
unicycle.

http://icculus.org/~chunky/uni/odeuni-2004-11-08.tar.gz

Is the source. Basically, it creates a cylinder [the uni frame] and a
wheel [also a cylinder]. It attaches them using a hinge. Then, the
program spits out the co-ordinates of where each is for 200 iterations
or so.

I just let everything go. No gravity, no other forces or torques
applied... nothing.

If I set ERP to zero, then everything stays where I left it. With any
other ERP setting, the unicycle and wheel actually travel toward each
other and end up stopping when they're both at a point between where
they both started.

I'm really confused as to what's going on... Can anyone help me a bit?

Thanks,
Gary (-;