[ODE] Jitters

Geoff Carlton gcarlton at iinet.net.au
Tue Nov 9 12:44:00 MST 2004

Be careful of huge mass differences and in particular very small
masses.  I guess you can't help it if you really do have a huge
difference (e.g. a church tumbling around in the air).  However you
could group objects into small/huge sets and special case the result so
that a "basketball-church" collision is treated as "basketball-null".
Thats probably going to work better than any mass difference could do,
and it means you can keep the masses around 1-100 units (which is what I
use and find to be stable).