[ODE] Re: FMax and Vel doesnt wrok for me! Y?

Tyler Streeter tylerstreeter at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 12:19:44 MST 2004

I'm not sure if the problem is with your physical simulation or your
learning algorithm.  There are some motions that are really hard for a
simulated creature to learn, but sometimes the problem is as simple as
giving the creature more "muscle strength" (i.e. max force/torque).

Can you tell whether the doggy has enough strength to do the things
you want?  Are the body part masses too high?

You mentioned that it keeps moving its legs in the air after falling
over.  A vestibular system (head orientation and angular velocity) can
help the creature sense if its upright or not.

Tyler