[ODE] Some SSE in Quick step

GARY VANSICKLE g.r.vansickle at worldnet.att.net
Tue May 25 22:34:38 MST 2004

> Well, the ideal case it's to don't use any #define for procesor selection
> K7 or Intel, IMHO. D3DX do that. Detecting procesor is really an easy
> task, and work the same on Win32 or Linux. Also, if D3DX source was
> available i'm 99% sure that can be compiled on Linux too.

Well, D3DX source isn't AFAIK available, but in that case you simply have a
Linux math lib with the same method names (i.e. #defines renaming the
already existing functions, etc).

The Linux guys are *terrified* of this for some reason though (search the
archives), so I just don't see it happening even if somebody did submit a
patch.

> About "OpenMath", I really like the idea if will be c++ oriented.

There are many of these.  Boost++ has a lot of math templates, and is
probably the most likely to ever see an official "Standard" stamp of
approval.

--
Gary R. Van Sickle