[ODE] Some SSE in Quick step

gl gl at ntlworld.com
Tue May 25 17:10:00 MST 2004

> I'm guessing it would be very thin indeed. ODE stores a vector as four
> floats/doubles, a quaternion likewise. I'd be very surprised if D3DX
> didn't use the same format. Surely all you need to do is cast from one
> to the other?

Quats need to be shuffled between ODE/D3DX...

When it comes to using D3DX in ODE, if someone were willing to add it, and
#ifdef it appropriately so as not to cause problems on other platforms, I'm
sure us Windows guys would appreciate it.

At least D3DX would work across all the Windows compilers (unlike inline
assembly, which depends on compiler/version etc).  D3DX will also
automatically use available CPU features, so it's transparent, ie. the app
binary won't be processors/extension specific.
--
gl