[ODE] Some SSE in Quick step

Adam D. Moss adam at gimp.org
Tue May 25 09:39:07 MST 2004

Ivan Bolcina wrote:
> I hear that MS had both Intel and AND experts helping write optimized
> code for Direc3DX,

Okay, I hoped I was being clear enough, but:

1) I'm not specifically interested in vector (as in {X,Y,Z}) ops.
I asked about generating vectorISED code.  As in, a general
abstraction for SIMD.  I was hoping there'd be a semistandard set
of cross-arch intrinsics by now, with the compiler just doing the
Right Thing w.r.t. the actual target arch.
2) When I said 'cross-architecture' I didn't mean 'Intel and AMD'
('Oh, we got both kinds. We got country AND western!').

--Adam
--
Adam D. Moss   . ,,^^   adam at gimp.org   http://www.foxbox.org/   co:3