[ODE] AutoDisable issue?

Mohsin Hasan mohsin.hasan at trivor.com
Mon May 24 12:35:35 MST 2004

I read in the documentation that Disabled bodies do not contribute to the
processing. I created a stacking sample with 8 vertical stacks (close to
each other) of 50 cubes each. I am using

LINEAR_THRESHHOLD = 1.7
ANGULAR_THRESHHOLD = 1.7
AutoDisable steps = 250

When the simulation starts all the bodies get autodisabled and the stack is
perfectly resting. I am getting an average FPS of 245 FPS. I drop a sphere
from top and all the stacks collapse with cubes all over the ground.
Simulation speed varies by dropping to 50 FPS to 230 FPS to again 50 FPS and
finally when all the bodies get disabled I get a stable 145 FPS... 100 less
than the original disabled bodies FPS I was getting. Why is that? Shouldn't
I again get the same 230 FPS since all the bodies have been disabled? All my
bodies including the sphere have been designed with AutoDisableOn and above
mentioned parameters. All the bodies do come to a rest but still scores are
different. Is there anything else that is getting processed even when the
bodies are disabled?

Mohsin