[ODE] Getting X,y,Z rotation from rotation matrix

Sergey Kurdakov k15c20 at zelmail.ru
Fri May 21 18:05:22 MST 2004

Hello on

> Have a look at this:
> http://www.sjbaker.org/steve/omniv/matrices_can_be_your_friends.html
>
> OpenGL's matrices are stored differently to ODE's (you have to swap
> the rows and columns around) but the principles are the same.

for

> How can I get the X,Y,Z rotation radians from the Rotation matrix I
> get from dBodyGetRotation?

and then use procedure like described at

http://users.ece.gatech.edu/~slabaugh/personal/research/euler/euler.pdf

or at the bottom of the paper which could be downloaded here
http://www.diku.dk/forskning/image/teaching/Studentprojects/Quaternion/

I think that you could find implemented code in many  free engines try google for ex for 'geteuler'

for consistent results though in simulation you would need to consider passing 'previous angles' to select current angles properly .

Regards
Sergey