[ODE] still having problems building under vs.net 2002 (vs7.0)

Mike Reinstein web_fella at hotmail.com
Thu May 20 00:53:23 MST 2004

Hey all:

Still trying to build under microsoft visual c++ studio 2002 (c++
compiler/linker v7.0)
Russ helped me earlier, I had a variety of paths missing from my environment
path variable. It build the libraries ok but it still wont work with my
project, and some of the included test apps dont work either.

Heres the build process, start to finish:

1) checkout fresh ode src from cvs
2) open up the OPCODE.dsw file in visual studio. It complains about the
project files are old and asks to convert. I click convert all.

3) I click rebuild solution, and OPCODE build chugs away merrily. I do this
for both debug and release configurations so that it generates the 2 libs.

4) I close the vs.net ide

5)The src code is checked out to c:\cvs\ode.  I open  c:\cvs\ode\config. I
copy user-settings.example  to user-settings.

6) I edit user-settings for debug build, floating point precision, and msvc
as the build environment. I uncomment the OPCODE directory and leave it set
to OPCODE

7) I copy the 2 libs from C:\cvs\ode\OPCODE\Release and
C:\cvs\ode\OPCODE\Debug into C:\cvs\ode\OPCODE\.

8)I open up a shell, and type cd c:\cvs\ode. then I type make configure. The
make tool creates configurator.exe.

9) I run make ode-lib. builds the ode.lib correctly.

10) I run make ode-test. seems to build the binaries ok.

11) I copy the 3 libs located in C:\cvs\ode\lib\ into my projects directory.
(2 are opcode libs, 1 is the ode lib)

12) I copy the C:\cvs\ode\include\ folder in the include directory for my
ide. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Vc7\include\ode now
includes all the h files.

13) I open my project and include the necessary ode headers where
appropriate.  I get this for a compile error, among many many others:

c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Vc7\include\ode\odemath.h(57):
error C2733: second C linkage of overloaded function 'dDOT' not allowed

I know Im doing something retarded here, can anyone help me out?

thanks,

-Neko