dWorldExportDIF (was: Re: [ODE] quickStep doesn't work for me.)

Amund Børsand amund at offroad.no
Wed May 19 14:21:34 MST 2004

This is interesting. Is this a binary "raw dump" of the world? Is it new,
or has it been there for a long time? Just what I was looking for! :) Is
there a related function to load stuff back?

I guess the XML functions died out? I felt it was a bit too much anyway,
I was looking for something just like this.

Russ Smith <russ at q12.org> skreiv:

> > I'm also having problems with quickstep.  Here's a sample:
>
> to help me diagnose the problem, can you run the following snippet of
> code at a point where the simulation is not behaving well? do this
> after a quickstep but before the contacts have been deleted.
>
> 	FILE *f = fopen ("myfile.DIF","wb");
> 	dWorldExportDIF (your_world, f, "");
> 	fclose (f);
>
> dWorldExportDIF() is an undocumented function that generates a 'DIF'
> file ("dynamics interchange format") that contains the state of the
> simulation.
>
> email me the result.
>
> thanks,
>   russ.