[ODE] Flat cylinder geom come to life!

Nguyen Binh ngbinh at glassegg.com
Wed May 19 14:42:50 MST 2004

Hi Adam,

>>      So there are no cylinder vs plane in Croteam's side. (Am I right
>>      Alen ???). And IMHO, cylinder vs plane is very important because
>>      plane is very good for ground representation, so I may try to
>>      write it myself follow the methods of current Croteam's
>>      colliders. I expect it won't take me too long.
ADM> Good, or if you don't fancy it I don't mind taking a look.

     Yeah, it would be good if you take it. I will do it but maybe not
     so soon because I hardly find enough free time now :(

>>      + Then we really need a good demonstration of cylinder collider :
>>      maybe a drivable buggy with cylinders as wheel?

ADM> The perfect and simple change to demonstrate this would be to
ADM> use flat cylinders for the wheels of test_buggy.cpp.  They're
ADM> currently drawn as flat cylinders but implemented as spheres. :)
ADM> Also, test_boxstack seems to me to be a nice way to test a new
ADM> primitive against a pile of the other main primitives.

     I'm using sort like test_boxstack for my test case. It seems to be
     fairly good. And yes, for fast real life demonstration of
     cylinder, test_buggy is really fit.

--
Best regards,

   Nguyen Binh