[ODE] Flat cylinder geom come to life!

John Miles jmiles at pop.net
Tue May 18 09:55:28 MST 2004

There are at least a couple of good uses for true plane geoms:

1) As a backstop beneath a TriMesh terrain to catch anything that falls
through the terrain.  (Unlike a trimesh, nothing can fall through a plane
because the entire back halfspace is "inside" the plane.)

2) As a primitive to base other primitive implementations upon (e.g., height
maps).

I'd like to see planes continue to be supported as a first-class primitive.

-- jm