[ODE] Stacking objects

Robert Rose rose at cafwap.net
Thu May 13 01:48:18 MST 2004

Hi folks, I'm trying to do something that I thought would be extremely
simple: stack three objects on top of each other.  Each object is just
a rectangular block, and all begin "pre-stacked" in what is supposed to
be a rest state.  I'm having tremendous difficulties getting the
contact joint properties right so the scene behaves correctly.

When I run the simulation the blocks will sit quietly, then start
shaking, and eventually one will blow up and fly out of the scene.
Usually the one on the bottom starts shaking first.

Can someone please provide some insight as to how to set up contact
joints so I can stack three blocks on top of each other and have them
remain still?  thanks!

-robert