[ODE] <Survey>: ODE - Present and Direction.

Billy Zelsnack billy_zelsnack at yahoo.com
Wed May 12 20:13:18 MST 2004

The Meqon CD from gdc had a cool stacking + cloth demo.
A video is here: http://meqon.com/downloadarea/cloth-divx.avi
They really should post their demos, so of them are quite nice. Anyway,

from the src that came with the demo it looks like it was just bolted
on
and it still works quite well.

-billy

 >/ One choice that I didn't see was the sanction of a GLUT-like ODE
/>/
Utility Library that could encapsulate the non-core functions of ODE
/>/
(such as cloth, fluids and more evolved collision structures). /
I have a hard time seeing how this could be done in a relatively
painless manner. I recall reading a paper many moons ago on a way to
somehow decouple e.g. rigid body simulation from cloth, but I don't
recall the solution being very elegant, though I may not recall
correctly. -- Gary R. Van Sickle