[ODE] Croteam's optimizations

Adam D. Moss adam at gimp.org
Tue May 11 09:42:29 MST 2004

Brian Karis wrote:
>>From what I remember Croteam is using ODE for all of its physics although
> highly modified.

Hmm, I hadn't heard anything like that.

 > I just read that they improved the physics to run 1000x
> faster. Read here: www.croteam.com. Unfortunately they don't even mention
> ODE but call it serious engine physics.

I've a feeling it's pretty much their own physics engine.

 > I know they were contributing
> collision code to ODE but was there word that they would contribute physics
> stuff too?

Up to them... I think Alen has already been contributing interesting
ideas and discussion as well as code.  :)  I've a feeling that if
the Serious physics engine is indeed something they've written from
scratch then it'd be a fair bit harder to integrate donated code
that deals with the solver or overall simulation method than it
is to integrate the collider contributions (not that they're trivial
either :)), but I'm sure it'd be beneficial to see such a thing.

 > If so this is a huge addition to ODE. I am curious as to how they
> got this big of a change.

Me too! :)

--Adam
--
Adam D. Moss   . ,,^^   adam at gimp.org   http://www.foxbox.org/   co:3
"Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be