[ODE] Croteam's optimizations

William Denniss lists at omegadelta.net
Tue May 11 16:13:21 MST 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-11 at 15:17, Jon Watte wrote:
> Also, they wouldn't be required BY LAW to return anything. If it's
> LGPL, then they are required BY CONTRACT to make their changes
> available in OBJECT FORM such that you could change the original code,
> re-compile it, and re-link any binary that uses the LGPL code.

to nit pick, the LGPL I'm told isn't a contract, it's a license.  You
can't force them to LPGL their code (as it's not a contract), but you
can force them to either open up their code or stop using yours (i.e.
they must comply with the license or else they lose their permission to
use your code).

Same works if you substitute LGPL for GPL.

refs:
http://www.rexursive.com/articles/gplcontractorlicence.html

Cheers,

Will.